Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2013

Encouragement for teachers...

Not long ago, a friend of my children and I were talking, and he in reference to a sibling said that he hoped she wouldn't grow up to be like a child of the same name who had been in his classroom that year. He said that his teacher, Mrs. ______ would make a statement in reference to the child along the lines of certain people being crazy, and that every time after, she would look at that one particular little girl.

Because of this teacher's blatant condescension toward this child, the whole class came to view her in that negative light. Who knows how long this reputation of being "crazy" will follow this child, maybe throughout her whole school career.

With school starting back in a lot of places this week, I want to encourage teachers to remember something. You have the power to fill little hearts with peace, harmony, and good will toward each other, or to do just the opposite. You should treat each child in your classroom just as you would want your own to be treated. Also, to turn the other way when you see bullying or ugliness, makes you just as guilty as the aggressor. You're missing the point of your job if you do not address issues as much as you are in power to do so.

I know that most of my teacher friends would never do anything like this, and I don't mean to be negative but having seen and experienced this when I taught as well, I felt like it was something that needed to be said.

I pray for you today, that in your classrooms you will be a beacon of light for your children, that you will be blessed, and that you will be a blessing. Have a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment