I went on to to doctor's office, checked in, an sat down to do a little reading. Then after a short wait, I got called back. The nurse told me to remove my clothes and put on the gown that opens in the back. (DON'T WORRY. THIS IS AS GRAPHIC AS IT GETS. :) ) After waiting in that condition for a WHILE I thought of one of Jerry Seinfeld's jokes. In it he references similar experiences in which a nurse has told him to go into the exam room, pull his pants down, and that the doctor would be with him in about 10 minutes. He said that he's always wanted to say, "No. How about you tell him (the doctor) to go in there, pull his pants down, and I (Seinfeld) will be in there to see him in about 10 minutes. Now. See how he likes that!" Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny, and that you might like it too. : )
I saw Dr. Powell today; she is my absolute favorite doctor in the practice! It's always like visiting an old friend. She's one of the kindest, most encouraging people that I've met...which are excellent qualities to have if you're an OB/GYN. She makes this yearly (typically dreaded) event a positive experience, which I appreciate more than I can say.
After leaving there I went to Chic-Fil-A. I really love Chic-Fil-A. I love the food and the atmosphere. I get a combo with a grilled chicken sandwich, waffle fries (yay!) and diet lemonade (no I am not dumb enough to think I need to be on a diet. I'm just not supposed to ingest much sugar). They're usually playing K-Love and today one of the ladies even said God bless you after she gave me my polynesian sauce. I love that! I also love the fact that they go around and ask if you need anything or want a refill when they can.
I actually got mine to go today. I had to wait longer than I expected at the DWC and I felt like I should be getting back to the kiddos. So though an unusual occurrence, I ate while I drove. So back to the diaper. I didn't want to get sauce on my shorts so I put the "clean" diaper in my lap and used it as a plate while I ate my fries. Then I was presented with a different issue...a sloppy sandwich. I was trying to think of a way to eat it without making a huge mess, and once again it came back to the......."clean" diaper. I know this sounds a little gross because it does to me too, but it worked quite well as a sandwich holder. They are very absorbent; the only thing I got on my shorts was crumbs.
Who would have thought that diapers could be so multi-purpose? I was pleasantly surprised. I know this is quite different from what I typically write. Though minus my typical brand of inspiration, I hope you enjoyed it...or at the very least that you're not so disappointed that you'll never read anything that I write again. Have a great day!
Dr. Powell is my favorite too. She delivered Camden and I was so glad! I was hoping through the whole pregnancy that I could have her. :)
ReplyDelete