When peanut buttered hands are wrapped around my neck, I hug, squeeze, and savor it; I want no regrets.
When a little boy wearing just a diaper quickly rushes in, I stop what I'm doing to embrace, to envelop and squeeze that sweet, soft skin.
When he feeds me yogurt, my one tiny bite to his two, I smile and wait patiently, because I know these days are few.
He offers me his toast which I kindly refuse, but he keeps panting like a dog until I say "Puppy, put it in your plate, please."
When he puts his arms around me to give a little love, I can only marvel at this precious gift from above.
I can still feel his arms around me after he walks away. I close my eyes and savor the warmth because I know there will come a day...
When I won't have those precious hands to squeeze my neck so tight. Though it makes my heart sad, I know that this is right.
A grown and strapping man he'll be before I blink my eyes. All too soon that day will come but for now, he's mine, all mine. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment