I'm trying this new diet, a Facebook diet. I've felt changes in my heart and mind lately, a greater challenge to live out my priorities in a more meaningful way. When I first started Facebooking, I thought it was the just about the coolest thing on earth. It has been terrific for helping me to connect with old friends and in making new ones, learning about world events, sharing and strengthening my faith.
Yet as time has gone on, I've noticed that staying connected in one area can diminish connections in the areas of life that matter the most.
This is my second day of my diet. This morning I've spent so much more time with my two year old than normal; we've played in the living room floor with blocks and cars and we fed the chickens while breathing the fresh fall air and looking at puffy, white clouds.
And I felt fully there!
I'm realizing that my strong-willed little boy needs me not only during meals and in the midst of routines; he needs me to be there just because I love him and I want to be. I want to know him more so I can love him better.
I feel less pulled and distracted and so much more peaceful.
Time goes by so fast and we can't make more of it. Yet I'm choosing to redeem the time that I have been given for all that it's worth. And I'm excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment