Parents, are you not aware that you can opt your children out of these tests? Now, they are certainly not going to present this is an option; it would be strongly frowned upon by the higher ups. But YOU as a parent have the power to make choices for your children, to take a stand for what is right.
Teachers won't speak out because they might lose their jobs. If you think K-2 testing is not coming to NC then you should think again. Just as it has in NY, stringent teacher rating programs are going to require it.
I would once have said that this is developmentally inappropriate. But now, I would side with the writer of the article I just shared and proclaim in my loudest voice that it is developmentally DESTRUCTIVE.
I wish I could explain to you how important brain development is in the first 10 years of life, and give you a concrete understanding of how much this Common Core debacle is going to cost our children, not only now but throughout their whole lives if someone does not stand up and stop this idiocy.
Who better to do it than their teachers? Who better to do it than their parents?!!
Get informed, I encourage you. Get informed and advocate for your child. They can't do this for themselves. Please stand up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment