Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Answered Prayers


"And Jesus said, to him, "If you can! All things are possible for one who believes." (Mark 9:23)

I've had two prayers answered with "yes" this morning. While many would call them coincidences or good luck, I won't; I don't believe in those things. I believe in God; I prayed two things very specifically and He made them happen.

I wrote in my NB recently about this verse...

"In the past, I've questioned this Scripture (above) and some like it because I've experienced times of having faith in a healing that did not come. Yet what I'm seeing here is that faith can bring things into the realm of possibility; that doesn't necessarily mean that things are going to play out the way we want them to."

"Yet, faith is extremely important. What an amazing thought that ANYTHING in the heart of a true follower of Christ can come into the realm of possibility through faith."

Prayer is an expression of faith. If you're speaking it to God, then it may happen. When you pray for a good outcome, even in situations that appear hopeless, He can produce a positive result.

Here's the rub. When things don't turn out the way you think they should, you're supposed to keep on trusting Him anyway. Just as we expect our children to trust in our love and our good judgment for their lives, we are to trust in our Heavenly Father for those same things for our own.

With all of the trouble in the world and in our small town, I guess it is hard to fathom that a loving God will work sometimes in the little things (though our relationship with Him is truly no little thing) and then allow tragic things to happen. We all have to work through this issues in the midst of our faith walk.

Where I am now in that understanding is this. God has an individual plan for each of our lives. The most important thing is that we live surrendered to the plans and paths for our lives through which He may be most glorified.

We focus on the temporal but He sees the eternal. Our lifetimes here are like a grain of sand on the beach when compared to eternity.

Keep your focus on Him in the midst of trouble. He is bigger than any of it. Even better, get involved. Live your life according to His promises and BE a part of His great plan by pouring the blessings of your life into the lives of others.

All my love! Happy Sunday! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment