Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

I was looking through an American Girl magazine this morning that came in the mail yesterday. As my daughter was pointing out the things she liked, I looked at some of the prices and thought I might choke on my toast.

How could I buy a $36 dress for a doll when I know that I could buy two chickens for a hungry family with less than that? Who are we and who have we become? I can understand why so many people in the world hold us in such contempt. 

I am not the best giver, but I am learning. I'm praying that God will show me avenues through which what we give as a family will be of the greatest benefit. I'm thankful for His conviction and that He is faithful to answer our prayers.

May we now and on into the Christmas season live out the truth that it really is more blessed to give than to receive.

Maybe we should make lists of things that we can do for others rather than lists for ourselves.

Our children deserve better. Their little souls deserve better. Where we put our money matters, temporally and eternally. I pray the Lord will grant us generous spirits and surrendered hearts and minds to this end.

No comments:

Post a Comment