Search This Blog
Saturday, October 12, 2013
This is Why We Do It
Homeschooling is 100 percent the best choice for my family. I love teaching. I taught K and Pre-K before I had my first child, and then went back to work. I was miserable. I'm thankful for that. I came home and opened a home daycare so I could be with my son all day, every day.
Teaching is a part of me, a part of everything I do. As a result of that and the fact that kids are naturally inquisitive, they have been learning in a very natural, realistic way since birth. This makes learning fun and enables me to be less encumbered by the academic stress that limits so many.
Homeschooling has made our family closer. Everything is connected in a very natural way. My husband is able to call twice a day and find out what we're all doing. We all eat dinner together, and breakfast and lunch. My kids are best friends, so much closer than they would be if they were in public school. I read God's Word with them almost every day.
There's simply no end to the benefits of doing this. Maybe it's because teaching is my thing, but I have absolutely nothing negative to say. I love what I do. I love my family. I love that they are my focus and that everything I do is for them and to the end of glorifying God.
It's such a blessing to see His master plans unfold in our homes and hearts daily. He is so good and so faithful.
Many moms lose their passion because they're not looking to the Lord to sustain them. I've learned that giving Him just a little bit of time in the morning makes all the difference in my attitude and in our day. Do your part, and He will do so much more.
I saw a job title of a lady on FB that was something along the lines of "CEO of (family's last name)." I really liked that a lot. Mothering is an extremely important job, and making a house a home and loving your husband in the midst of it just adds to that complexity. There's nothing boring about it. It stimulates me. It drives me. It is my God given passion.
There's always something to be learned, always something that you can do better, and all the more if you don't have to work a job that sucks the lifeblood out of you.
I would prefer this role over that of a queen in a palace. That's the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment