Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We Need to Pay Attention...

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Martin Luther King, Jr

I guess if you perceive me as an outlier, you're probably right. I don't believe in conformity, not when it goes against my faith and value system anyway. Sometimes I wonder how many people read my stuff and consider me a troublemaker, though that's a funny thought actually. All the way through school, I was one of the kids with good grades who rarely talked. I remember being in elementary school and being 99% confident that I knew the right answer and not raising my hand because of that other 1%.

I look back and realize how sad that was.

I'm not looking for trouble with your child's curriculum. My life was simpler before I stared concerning myself with CC. Believe me, my job is full time and more, and I am not looking for another one. I'm not looking for trouble but it seems to have found me.

I truly would love to find evidence that it is the best thing going and that its creators have only the best intentions of your children at heart. But I'm not seeing it, or anything close to it.

I've prayed to God that if it is His will for me to leave it alone that He will take away my concerns; then I could just pour all of my passion into my own children and home with a thankful heart that we're not having to deal with it personally.

Then I wake up the next morning thinking about it again, feeling concerned for your children and what they're going to be dealing with on a given day.

I just pray that you are paying attention, parents, and that if you see that something is wrong you will express your concerns. Your children deserve your very best advocacy in this area. Don't be lazy, distracted, or too busy to do the right thing.

Don't count the cost of standing up for what's right; the cost to your child, educationally and personally, will be far greater if you ignore the problems.

"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted."

No comments:

Post a Comment